The Feeling Better Blog
- What does depression feel like?
- The importance of telling the difference between between reality and the negative voices in your head
- Anthony Bourdain’s suicide. Tears of a clown and the silent killer
- Mindfulness and meditation can help stop or reduce drinking or using recreational drugs
- Coping Skill 9: The news may increase your anxiety: Turn off TV, computer screen or any electronic screen.
- The Unreliable Narrator
- Body Scan your way to reduced stress (8)
- Cleaning: Coping Skill 6/100
- Soft Technique: Moving Into The Pain: (C.S.#7)
- You make me feel
- Coping Skill 5/100: Gardening (outdoor OR indoor)
- Coping Skill 4/100: Keep a Journal
- Play a musical instrument (Skill 3/100)
- Coping Skill 2/100: Music
- Coping skill 1/100: Do nothing
- 100 coping skills in 360 days
- “Self serve” therapeutic intervention: Coping Skills
- Mindfulness for Road Rage
- Meditation (The New and Improved Post)
- Strengthen the Observer
- Crying in the Dark: Why and How Psychotherapy Helps
- Mindful Rushing
- Can you Walk While Meditating? Can you Meditate While Walking?
- The importance of being ernest: Authenticity in therapy
- Mindfulness in stress reduction
- Maladaptive coping mechanisms: externalizing and internalizing
- Defense mechanisms Vs Coping Strategies
- Does anxiety make you angry?
- Germanwings Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz gives people with mental Illness a bad rap
Tag Archives: supportive psychotherapy
The style of therapy I provide is considered Supportive Psychotherapy. This therapy includes Psychodynamic as well as Cognitive Behavioral elements (the 2 aren’t mutually exclusive). Supportive Psychotherapy includes a combination of emotional support with some (light) interpretation of one’s difficulties. It does … Continue reading
Happiness does not always have to elude us. It seems like a simple question. Can I, could I, will I be happy? With the right components in place, you can definitely rediscover happiness…or at least contentment (close first cousin of happiness). Contentment … Continue reading