The Feeling Better Blog
- The importance of telling the difference between between reality and the negative voices in your head
- Anthony Bourdain’s suicide. Tears of a clown and the silent killer
- Mindfulness and meditation can help stop or reduce drinking or using recreational drugs
- Coping Skill 9: The news may increase your anxiety: Turn off TV, computer screen or any electronic screen.
- The Unreliable Narrator
- Body Scan your way to reduced stress (8)
- Cleaning: Coping Skill 6/100
- Soft Technique: Moving Into The Pain: (C.S.#7)
- You make me feel
- Coping Skill 5/100: Gardening (outdoor OR indoor)
- Coping Skill 4/100: Keep a Journal
- Play a musical instrument (Skill 3/100)
- Coping Skill 2/100: Music
- Coping skill 1/100: Do nothing
- 100 coping skills in 360 days
- “Self serve” therapeutic intervention: Coping Skills
- Mindfulness for Road Rage
- Meditation (The New and Improved Post)
- Strengthen the Observer
- Crying in the Dark: Why and How Psychotherapy Helps
- Mindful Rushing
- Can you Walk While Meditating? Can you Meditate While Walking?
- The importance of being ernest: Authenticity in therapy
- Mindfulness in stress reduction
- Maladaptive coping mechanisms: externalizing and internalizing
- Defense mechanisms Vs Coping Strategies
- Does anxiety make you angry?
- Germanwings Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz gives people with mental Illness a bad rap
- Advocating for yourself (vs advocating for yourself x 1000)
Tag Archives: TV causing anxiety
Coping Skill 9: The news may increase your anxiety: Turn off TV, computer screen or any electronic screen.
This is a similar concept to C.S. #1, but this skill starts with the ability to get up and turn the TV (or computer) off or reach for the remote and squeeze the off button. For many, these are troubling … Continue reading